How to run Jio 4G sim in 3G handsets
Reliance has made a comeback with its Jio 4G offers which is ruling smartphone market nowadays. Everyone is eager to get benefits of Jio offers with their 4G handsets, however 3G users feel a step behind in using Jio services. There is also an option for 3G users to buy a Jio WiFi modem to use Jio services but it is a bit complicated as one has to carry Jio modem every time and everywhere with their smartphones as it connects to smartphone within specified wi-fi range. To make things easier follow our tutorial steps that will help to run Jio 4G sim in 3G handsets.The solution to run 4G sim in 3G devices is a big issue as 4G devices consist of different hardware’s but here we will share four major methods that will be useful to run 4G sim in 3G handsets. These are 100% working methods and are properly tested by us. Jio services are now enlarging and it is now available in every part of India.
To run Jio sim in 3G device you need a pre activated 4G sim as you can’t activate it in 3G handsets. Follow below mention methods according to your phone processors.
Method (i) For MediaTek Processor
Before starting in this method, you have to check whether your device is running Mediatek chipset or any other chipset. This method is suitable for Android version 4.4 and above , so do check your Android version before proceeding. If you find any problem in this method please comment below, we will help you out in running this method.
Check Device for MediaTek Processor:
1. First download and install CPU-Z app from Play store.
2. Open the app and wait while it retrieves your handset information.
3. Within few seconds you will see your device’s processor on the screen.
4. If your handset is running on Mediatek processor it will show with the logo of Mediatek chipset.
Now you know that your device is running Mediatek Processor.
* Next step is to download and install MTK Engineering Mode app from the playstore.
* After installing the app open it and it will allow you to run advanced setup of the Engineering Mode Menu of MTK hsndsets which is known as SERVICE MODE.
Important: Use this service mode menu very carefully as it will make changes in the working of the Handset. If you don’t know what you are doing then just stop it or don’t do it.
* Now open the installed application or enter your mobile device specific code to enter Engineering Mode.
* Click on the MTK settings and select Preferred network.
* you can select 4G LTE/WCDMS/GSM as a network mode and save it, and restart your device.
* Once you complete the above steps, insert your pre activated jio 4G sim or any other 4G sim in your handset and start.
Hoilla!! now you can use the jio 4g sim in your device however remmember that after first restart your device will take a bit longer to show the network.
Above method is only for Mediatek devices however if your handset runs some other processor than this method is going to be useful.
* Open up your dial-pad and dial *#*#4636#*#*.
* A Testing page will appear you have to choose the first option that is “Phone Information”
* Scroll down untill you find Set Preferred Network and click on that.
* Here you can choose LTE/GSM auto (PRL) option or any LTE option.
* After doing above steps restart your device.
Hoilla!! Now you can insert the jio sim and use it.Just remember to insert your pre avtivated jio sim in the first slot.
If you face no network or emergency calls only than follow these steps:
* Visit mobile networks in the settings page.
* Visit network carriers and choose to select manually.
* After searching manually choose reliance 4g network signal.
* wait a bit and it will do automatic registration.
Now you can use jio 4g sim. In case you have any problem just comment below.
Just follow these steps:
* Download and install Xorware 2G/3G/4G Switcher and Xorware 2G/3G/4G Interface app from the playstore.
* Open the switcher app and select network settings.
* then select Network Mode to 4G LTE.
* Simply click on apply and make changes.
* Now switchoff and insert your 4G sim.
Method (iv) For Qualcomm Processor
To go through this method first you have to check whether your handset runs Qualcomm Processor or not.
* Fist download and install Shortcut Master (Lite) app from the play store.
* Open the app and click on menu (vertical three dots on top right side).
* Go to “Service Menu” or “Engineering Mode”.
* Open Engineering mode and select change LTE Bands.
* If you can’t find the Service Menu or Engineering Mode than dial *#2263# and click back and again select menu.
* Go to key input and enter “0000”, wait for 5 seconds and you will get a pop up.
* Select UE settings from the pop up and select settings>Protocol>NAS>Network control>Band Selection>LTEBand>BAnd 40.
* Just restart your device and insert pre activated jio sim.
Important Note: By going through these steps, your device seems as 4G compatible for Jio sim however it will receive 3G network. This will not convert your device to 4G handset, it will only deceive Jio sim to catch 3G network on your handset.